Well, I returned to the ol' USA on Saturday and it's back to the grind already. I have faculty stuff going on tomorrow so tonight J and I will go to Sea World for one last fling of summer. Korea was pretty great. It was cool meeting the kids there and teaching them. The first two weeks we were at an English camp and I had a group of 16 kids, 10 of which were cool junior high boys - a group that I get along very well with. Junior high boys know how to have fun, joke around, and laugh but they aren't clingy and trying to hold hands like the younger kids and girls do. I still find it strange to hold hands with anyone but Jordan, but I sucked it up a couple times.
Our team did pretty well during the 3 weeks stuck together, especially since none of us really knew anyone else before we were thrown together. We did have some major blow-outs, though, which everyone handled very maturely and we managed not to kill each other. We only really got to experience Korea for 4 days of the trip, since the rest of the time we were working, but it was fun to see the countryside and contrast that with the city of Seoul.
One strange thing happened just a little while ago. I signed up on Facebook this summer when my friend Jodi "invited" me. I don't go on it very often and very rarely spend any time looking around, but J is out for the moment and I don't feel like being productive right now, so I was looking at all my facebook friends and learned that one of them passed away last week. She was a girl I went to church with in PA and I didn't know her too well, but did hang out with her periodically while I lived there. It's extremely strange to discover that someone has died on the computer. Under normal circumstances, I suppose I would never have learned about it, since I didn't keep in contact with her after I left PA, but to read casually that one friend is shopping for school supplies, another is drinking Starbucks, and another's family is sad to say she passed away - I'm not sure how to process that.
Anyway, enough darkness for now. Hope all your days are sunny and bright!
No comments:
Post a Comment