Friday, December 5, 2008

Camp Gilead

It's much later than I planned to go to bed, but I'm still up and I blame Dan Brown. Dan was a counselor with me at Camp Gilead back in 1992, the year I graduated high school. I recently got in contact with him through facebook (and found out he's the new pastor at Lifegate, my dad's old church). Anyway, he posted about 16 pictures from our time in Camp Gilead, which was really fun to look through. Then I found Matthew Moyer's facebook with about 400 pictures from the 60's to the present. I recognized some of the people - after all, I went to the camp from the time I was in 3rd grade. I also reminisched a bit after seeing Pop's Inn, the chapel in the hill, the bunnies, the donkeys... This summer I'm going overseas with some students at my school, and I'm going to try to find a camp that Jordan can go to. It may not be Gilead, but every kid deserves the chance to enjoy camp.
BTW, apparently in the 60's there was a segregated camp. There are couple pictures of a group of all African-American girls with white counselors. Very interesting I thought.

No comments: