It's Veterans Day (happy veteran's day to my favorite vets) and Jordan gets the day off school. Thus begins the long line of vacation/holiday days of which Jordan gets a break but I don't. In the next two weeks, she gets today off for V-day, Thursday and Friday for "teacher's conferences" and all next week for Thanksgiving. So in two weeks of school she goes twice. In that time, I get 3 days for Thanksgiving and that's about it. So she came to school with me today. Another perk of working in a Christian school is that on speech days, I don't need to worry about what she might potentially hear come out of the mouths of students. We just got done with one class full of speeches and instead of reading Captain Underpants as she had planned, she listened to, and enjoyed the speeches.
I also realized today, that Jordan has basically been going to college classes since she was 3 years old. She started when I started my Master's work and has come on and off over the years. Does this mean that in 9 years when she's ready to start college it won't have the same allure for her? Oh, and after about two speeches she patted me on the arm and asked if she could have a turn, too. I guess the dreaded public speaking class won't be such a problem for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment