Monday, June 16, 2008

Swimming

It's been in the 90's here this week, which almost induces me to get in a swimming pool to cool off. Thankfully, our apartment stays relatively cool during the day, and then when the sun hits the windows around 5:00 we have AC to cool us down more. Jordan loves the pool, though so it's a great week for her to take more swimming lessons. Swimming is something she feels pretty confident about and it's really clear when we go to the pool, because she's always trying to teach other kids what they need to do. She's mostly a doggy-paddle girl, but when the instructor was talking to a boy about how he should do the longer strokes (I'm not a swimmer, so I don't know what they're supposed to be called...), she was interrupting the instructor to show him how it's done. I can definitely imagine her as a teacher someday!
She's also pretty modest and has never felt very comfortable in a traditional swimsuit. Sarah has a swimsuit that has sleeves and shorts, and Jordan has been wanting one of those for a while, so last time we were at Target, I saw one and we found a greenish/blue one (green is her favorite color of choice for now) in her size. She now fits in really well with the boys there - she's a tomboy at heart anyway, so it works out nicely!

No comments: