I've been working with my pastor's wife through the past couple months discussing my marriage issues. In each discussion she brings up a book that she thinks will be helpful to help me understand how to do my part to make the marriage work better. One of the books is called Boundaries in Marriage by Henry Cloud. My pastor references it regularly in church and she said it would help me to set boundaries for myself and my husband. I thought about getting it but kept forgetting. Then today, I was looking at a friend's blog and he wrote a book review of the book. Another book is called Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. Several couple small groups in my church are going over that book and she suggested it might be helpful. I agreed and said I'd look into it, but just never got around to it. And then today I was looking at people's status updates on facebook and one of my friends wrote about something she learned from the book.
So, I took the hint and ordered both books from my school's library today. While my internet addiction is problematic in many ways, it can help a little bit, too. (Am I rationalizing too much?)
No comments:
Post a Comment