This past week and a half has been pretty difficult in our house. I received notice that J will not be going to see her dad this summer. Since this is the 3rd time she had been planning to come and then been told she wasn't, it was devastating for her. My girl is angry and hurt and confused about what is happening. Since she is 12 now she is much more aware and less easy to distract from the pain. She doesn't understand why her father doesn't want to fight for her and sacrifice for her. And this comes after her other father figure did not meet her needs and hurt her heart. A girl gets her pattern for the men in her life from her father, so what is my girl going to do when that time comes? My girl is also a very independent, introverted person. She has some friends but doesn't actively seek out social time with them. If people aren't doing exactly what she wants, she's not interested in hanging out with them. My girl could probably use some counseling, but she hates the idea of sharing her thoughts with a stranger. She even shuts down when I try to talk to her and it takes some work to get her to share what she's feeling or to let me try to comfort her.
So all of this means that my responsibility for my girl is huge. I am her mother and all that entails. I am her father figure and totally ill equipped for that job. I am her social life and social secretary if she's going to do anything without me. I am her counselor and adviser without any of the training that comes with that. Please pray for my girl and pray for me. She's so wonderful and has so much potential but her life has not been easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment