
The gulf states get hurricanes, the midwest gets tornados, the northeast gets blizzards, the northwest gets flooding. When I considered the natural disasters of a move to SoCal, I thought of earthquakes only. I've been through some mild earthquakes before and they didn't seem to be too big a deal.
This week I was reminded of the second, and more pervasive, natural disaster from SoCal - the wildfire. Yesterday morning on our way to church, the air was more smoggy and dirty than usual. It felt bad to breathe in and made me want to stay inside. It was warm enough to go swimming, but I didn't let Jordan go because I didn't want her breathing it in. The fires have not gotten close enough to us to effect us. Eric's kids have no school and are preparing in case they need to evacuate, but it hasn't gotten to that point up here yet. They are getting closer, though, and the air isn't looking any prettier today. I could go for a nice clean blizzard right about now...
No comments:
Post a Comment