Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Volleyball vs. Cheerleading
Last night, Jordan got her homework done in a record 43 minutes so we went out to see CBU women's volleyball against Concordia. We won all 3 sets/games/whatever it's called (I did go see my friends play volleyball occasionally in high school, but that was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time ago.) Jordan and I decided to sit near our cheerleaders. Two of my students cheer and so we sat near them. I waved at them as we came in and sat down and then told Jordan which students were mine. She kept looking on them and asking me to go say hi to them. I told her that I already had and when she kept bugging me, I told her that she could go say hi if she wanted. This led to her spending most of the rest of the evening wheedling her way into their midst. She first sneaked some pom poms from one of them and stood behind them in their three rows. The next time I looked over, she was next to the cheerleaders in the back row. A few minutes later she was in the middle row and finally got herself to the front of all of them, cheering for all she was worth. Now, no offense to my cheerleading friends, but cheerleading is not where I expected my daughter to be interested. She's pretty laid back as I mentioned in my previous post, she hangs out with boys more than girls, she'd rather wear her camouflage shirt and shorts than a dress. Apparently, however, she still wants to be a cheerleader. sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hehe! That one made me laugh... especially after the concert entry. Hope your enjoying yourself!
Ready???? OK!
NO offense taken. :)
Post a Comment