Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Jordan and I celebrated Valentine's day today with the annual traditions and some new events. I went to her school for their party at the end of the day and then we came home, cleaned up a bit, and headed for the vet. We discovered that I was right about Kiki's age - she's about one year old now, give or take 6 months. She has not yet been spayed, so that's something we'll have to take care of very soon. She's all official and up-to-date on her shots now, though.
After that, Jordan and I went to the traditional part of our Valentine's celebration. Every year, she and I get all dressed up and go to a restaurant just for dessert. The wait staff is always a little taken aback when we don't order a meal, but it's a part of the tradition. So, we got gussied up (yes that's another of my grandma's words, consider this a quick tribute) and headed out. Jordan got a Smore's dessert which she hated, and then got a replacement scoop of ice cream. I got apple crisp which was WAY too big, but managed to eat about 1/3 of it. After that we did some shopping because my ISP team (the one's going to South Korea with me this summer) are coming over for a slumber party tomorrow night. On the way home, we went a new way that's a little off the beaten path - not that far off, but a tiny bit. We saw a creature dart in front of us and then go off into the field next to us. I thought it was either a dog or a deer but upon closer inspection found that it was a coyote! When I took Kiki out for her walk tonight, someone else mentioned hearing them and seeing one herself. It made me a little nervous as I brought my cute little fresh meat back home with me. Hope you all had a fun-filled Valentine's Day, too!

No comments: