Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kiki Darling

Well, as of tomorrow, Kiki is officially a part of our family. In celebration, her present is a wonderful, special trip to the vet! We don't know if she's spayed, if she's had shots, or how old she is, but hopefully we'll get most of that taken care of tomorrow. To prepare her for this visit, I decided to use my new clippers on her to get her all trimmed up and pretty. The hair on her face had grown so long that I couldn't really see her eyes any more except for some small slits. When I first started the trimming process, Kiki freaked out and wouldn't come near my. Jordan and I together couldn't calm her down. To be fair, in the past I've trimmed her with my really dull hair scissors and that couldn't have felt good. Also, I tried the trim on her head. When I went to her back, she calmed down, and by the end of the session, she let me trip the hair on her nose in front of her eyes. Between the first attempt and the end success, I managed to get rid of all the knots of fur on her ears, legs, and "private area." Because of all this trimming, by the time we were done she no longer looked like the Kiki we know and love. In fact, if I hadn't come out of the bathroom with her, I would not even know she was the same dog. My sister-in-law trimmed her up pretty good over Christmas, but that's nothing compared to today's trim. She has long hair on her ears and her tail, but everything else is a half inch or shorter. She's all soft and knot-less and cute and we're excited that she's now ours forever!

No comments: