Sunday, May 18, 2008
My Own Personal Top Chef
I'm somewhat addicted to cooking shows. When I had a TV and cable, I would watch the Food Network all the time and now I watch episodes of Top Chef (which people record from Bravo Network and upload to YouTube). Jordan occasionally watches with me and apparently has gotten inspired. Last night, she was playing dress up with Kiki - we had a Kiki ballerina, a Kiki football player, and finally a Kiki waitress who brought me a menu and took my order for dinner. I made my order, and in about 5 minutes, Jordan came in with my first course - leftover noodles which she warmed up in the microwave (I was in my room and had no idea what was happening). Once the noodles were finished, she took away the plate and brought me my second course - a frozen burrito which she (over) cooked for me. The final course was the piece de resistance, though. She took strawberries which I had cut up for strawberry shortcake and mixed it with some chunks of the shortcake and some powdered sugar. She put that in a small bowl and placed the bowl on a plate. To the plate, she put syrup around the edge and sprinkled that with powdered and brown sugars. Very fancy, I have to say. The whole dinner only cost me $15, too. Budget gourmet indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, Jordan will you be our chef when we come in four days?
yes!
Post a Comment