Jordan starts school tomorrow. She's pretty nervous because last year was a difficult one for her and she is worried the teacher will be mean and she won't have any friends. Last year she made a really good friend at the beginning of the year, but that friend left halfway through the school year and she never really found another one. She has trouble looking at the positive potential of the future, but we're working on that :) She has her new outfit all laid out with her new book bag and everything, so that has kind of helped her have something to look forward to.
On a somewhat not really related note, I may have mentioned previously that Jordan has larger than average feet. This time last year I think I was buying her women's size 4-5 shoes and was astounded that a then 8 year old was wearing women's sizes. Her feet have grown exponentially since then and earlier this week I bought her a new pair of sandals because her feet were over the edge of her old ones. The new sandals were size 7. We got home and when I saw her try them on (I wasn't paying close attention at the store apparently) I realized they were too small for her - her feet reached the end on both sides. We then decided to compare feet sizes and I realized that she and I now have the same size feet. Jordan wears women's size 8. How can she still be my little girl when she's starting to get so big???
2 comments:
What a contrast, caught in the middle between big girl and little girl! I hope school goes well for her this year too! She is so sweet and so full of fun!
Yes - her feet are big! We were all shopping with Grandma and stopped by the shoes when we discovered this. My feet grew first before the rest of me caught up, but not at age 9!
Post a Comment