Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Good Times are Rolling!

Well, not yet actually, but my grades are due in 3 days13 hours and 39 minutes, so at that point I will be done with the craziness of teaching 5 courses and be down to only 1. And that one course meets for one night a week for a couple hours, so really I'm ready to live the dream that is my life in the summer. I've been enjoying having my time to schedule as I'd like and, believe it or not, I have been very productive with that time. I came up with 6 different tasks that need to be done everyday - including working out (check!), working on classes - present and future, and working on my writing. I used to try to give myself a schedule - write from 8:30-10:30, exercise from 10:30-11:30... and that never worked out. I don't do very well with that strict of a schedule because sometimes I really get into writing and want to continue past the end time and then the rest of the day is messed up and I spend more time trying to revamp it. So now, as long as I do something related to my task, I can check it off the list and really, is there anything better than checking off lists? I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who enjoys making lists only for the moment when you get to cross off the thing you were supposed to do. It's a pretty amazing feeling. Anyway, since I've been working from my task list (a total of 2 days!) I have been extremely productive and have checked off 5/6 things from the list each day.
In addition to ordering my schedule, I've been working on ordering the rest of my life. I keep meeting and talking with amazing people who all give me great things to think on. The last conversation I had was a little more challenging to me, but is resulting in another schedule change - I'm adding some counseling sessions to my routine. I'm not altogether certain about it - I like to be in charge of my own life after all - but was recommended a good, licensed counselor through my school so I'm going to go and work through some issues.
That's all.

No comments: