A couple weeks ago, J invited four of her friends over for a dinner party. She cooked and decorated the whole dinner on her own and it was a huge success.
For the starters, she served deviled eggs (which took a tumble on the floor) and bacon wrapped smokies.
She then made cheese pizza, with a homemade crust and homemade pizza sauce.
While the first three dishes were not exactly health-conscious, she did make vegetables as well. Broccoli with asiago cheese and asparagus with a balsamic glaze.
Then she finished it all off with brownies (which had difficulty getting out of the pan) and ice cream.
She chose the tablecloth and candles - I offered more decorating options, but that's what she chose. The girls all held hands and prayed before dinner and then dug in and enjoyed. I hung out in my room - I was feeling under the weather - and listened in on the types of conversations typical with preteen girls. Then, around 10:00 they started asking if they could all spend the night. So we ended up having an impromptu sleepover as well. They stayed up super late, but all got up in time to go to church in the morning. It was a fun, if exhausting, evening.
2 comments:
Way to go, Jordan! I'm so proud of you!!!
What a great night! Jordan can come and cook at our house any night! Hugs from the Ohs fam!
Post a Comment