Monday, October 29, 2007

An Exhausting Weekend

Jordan's b-day party went off without a hitch on Saturday, and as an extra bonus the kids all spent the night on Saturday night. I thus was in charge of four children between the ages of 5-9. They were pretty good the whole time, and on Sunday it was warm enough to go swimming so we found a variety of things to do. The sleeping thing didn't go quite as well, however. By 10 o'clock, I had threatened to put the kids all in different rooms - including having Maya in the bathroom - if they didn't quiet down and get to sleep. They did, but then at 5AM I heard noises from the bedroom and, while I told them to be quiet and stay in bed until 7, I eventually gave in. Some of you function fine on 6 hours of sleep, but I need at least 8 to be friendly and fun.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

So did the cousins make it? Good job Mom on the heart to heart, and seeing past the toe/cat. Hang in there! love ya,
g