Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And the tables are turned

So, tonight I was sitting in my room, working on my lessons for class next week when I heard the cat growling (there really is no other word for it, it's a sound distinctive from a meow and a howl, Jordan says it sounds more like she's throwing up, but we'll call it a growl). Now, this noise is fairly common in our house, because when Kiki gets bored, she goes into my closet and finds the cat and annoys her until they are both growling at each other. So I look up from my chair to see Kiki laying on the bed, minding her own business. I then look toward the closet and there's the cat, at the doorway, taunting Kiki. She just sat at the door for a couple minutes growling and Kiki stayed laying on the bed, looking around as if asking, "what on earth is going on here? What am I supposed to do now? Am I still the dog, or has she become the dog now?" Eventually, Kiki remembered that, yes, indeed, she was still the dog and quite a bit larger than Sheba and so she jumped off the bed and rushed over to the closet at which point Sheba remembered that, no, she wasn't a dog and indeed was a bit smaller than the animal coming quickly towards her, she then turned tail (literally) and ran back into one of her hiding spots. It was all very amusing - this is why we get pets, right? For moments like these...

No comments: