Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Pain in the Neck

This week I've gotten another one of my killer neck pains - the kink in the neck that just won't go away. Of course the last time I got one, I was at Penn State and the University Health Services doctor prescribed three medications - one was Valium and the other two were other major knock-you-out pain medications. I didn't take any of them, but went to the physical therapist and she worked her magic and I got better. Unfortunately, I don't have time for the physical therapist this week, so am just overdosing on Advil and getting through it. The worst thing is that it's just starting to feel okay at bedtime, but my wierd sleeping habits exacerbate (vocab word for the day) the problem and so the next day it's back again. I'm trying to remember the exercises the physical therapist had me do before, but when I tried them the first day they didn't make me better and may have made it worse. The neck - such a small part of the body, but a very pivotal (get it?) one. We're on to the weekend, though, so maybe that will help?!?

No comments: