Saturday, January 12, 2008

Making Money


Jordan was quite the money-maker today. It started this morning when we went down to the farmer's market. Along with the usual fare (vegies, fruits, flowers, bread) there was a booth from a local radio station. They had a wheel and if you landed on the spaces with their call numbers on it, you won a prize. Well, Jordan spun the wheel and she landed on the prized space so we got a $40 gift card to a local restaurant. We went there tonight and it was quite good, nice ambience, nice wait staff, good food...
Jordan's second money-making scheme was more of an entrepreneurial enterprise (if I spelled that correctly, I think I deserve a prize or something). A couple months ago, I got tired of my dirty car but was unwilling to go to a car wash, so Jordan and I washed my car by putting dish soap in a dish pan, washing with a sponge, and rinsing with the watering can (it took a lot of trips back and forth to actually rinse the whole car) and the car turned out looking fairly good. After that one successful attempt, Jordan decided she was a pro and would make money washing cars for people in the apartment complex. Ever since that day (in September or October) she's been trying to rope her friends into helping her. Today, it was quite warm and so she finally had her chance but I took the wind out of her sails a bit when I told her that washing one car did not qualify her as a car-washing expert. I told her to wash our car a couple more times and once she got it down she could go out and make money at it. Well, she started doing that but her friend Rosa's mom decided to let them wash her car and paid them $5 to do it. Jordan got the $5 this time and apparently, I'm paying them $5 tomorrow to wash my car and giving that to Rosa. Then, now being experts, they can go around and charge others for the same service. She's nothing if not inventive, my little girl!

No comments: