Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Close Puppy

Last night I was cooking my delicious Stir Fry Velveted Chicken. I cut up the chicken, let it marinate for about a half hour, cooked the rice and stir fried the chicken - the whole process took about an hour. During the entire process, Kiki was no more than 3 inches away from my legs. She is definitely a close puppy - always needs to be as close a possible. We started dinner, with Kiki laying under my chair (this time actually touching my feet) when Jordan looked at her and said "what is that?" I looked down and saw something disgusting in Kiki's back fur. I wasn't sure what it was, but it looked like it had once been in a human or animal and then came out somewhere, if you know what I mean. I was a little disgusted, but being a true mom who has touched some truly disgusting things in my time, I reached down and picked it out. It was a piece of uncooked chicken. This is how close she gets to me. I dropped a piece of chicken off the cutting board, and it landed in her fur. It does make me feel loved, but really, what's a woman got to do to get a little space?
BTW, as I write this, Kiki is, of course, 3 inches from my feet. She'd be touching them, but I'm resting them on a raised footrest on the desk. sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smothering affection... so sweet. :)