Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Revamping

So now that things have changed significantly, I have to rethink my earlier resolutions as they now have different requirements. Exercising is going to be difficult because I no longer have a gym to go to. The condo community we're in has a pool and a volleyball court, but no gym. I could sign up for the gym across the street, but that would hurt resolution #2. I might have to start working out with the Wii again. It's not my favorite way to exercise, but it's available in my home and its free as long as I don't buy new games. A couple of the ones I have right now gave me an OK workout, so I'll have to try them again. As for the past week, I totally ruled in the exercise category - I moved a whole apartment worth of stuff (with some help, it's true) and so I will take credit for fully incorporating the exercise. As for this week, I played Wii with J yesterday, but it was only golf and tennis so my right arm got some work, but the rest of me just stood there.
For resolution #2, I have to figure out what my new budget is going to be. I have an idea right now, but need to get the first bills to make sure I'm right. I've already decreased my weekly shopping bill by almost 1/3 and there are some things we had that I will no longer be paying for. But we still will have higher payments than we did before. For my week last week, it was a gigantic fail, but that was because I had to buy items for the home that we left behind - he wasn't in a sharing mood when we left and did not give me everything he had promised. We are set at this point, however, and so I should be able to figure out the new budget by the end of April. In the meantime, I will shop judiciously and hope for the best.
My 3rd resolution shouldn't change much - the internet is just as tempting in the condo as it was in the apartment. I definitely used it as an escape last week. And I resolve to continue the work. I've been having trouble concentrating on grading and lesson planning though. So even when I'm not playing, I'm not working. I have A LOT of grading to do since its nearing the end of the semester and I added the extra course. Get to work Dr. C!!!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I understand how you are distracted. that's what happens when something this monumental happens in a person's life. I know dad and I were a poor example as one of the way we dealt with sorrow was to go shopping and/or travelling. That's what we often did when MI family came to visit. To deal with the sorrow of them leaving, we would go to the coast/outlet mall. It was a distraction.