Monday, October 17, 2011

Baby Steps

We started couples counseling today. We have already taken a 4-week class in communication which was somewhat helpful, but didn't really get to the root of our issues. Today we started digging in to the root. It seemed productive on one hand - we brought up issues and talked about them. On the other hand, it's clear that there are still issues that are hidden and unaddressed. Since we're living apart, we aren't faced with the day-to-day part of living together and that's where the real test will be. So, the question is, when do I risk living together again. If it was just me, it would be one thing. I've got someone else to think about, though, and she is VERY resistant to changing our current situation. I'm praying through my days, though, and trusting that God will make things clear to me at some point in the future. At this point, it's clear as mud.

No comments: