Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baking Season

For the last couple weeks, I've been baking like crazy. Between the birthday, my small group, and Halloween (with some little snacks thrown in for no reason at all), I've used up a lot of flour, sugar, and other baking ingredients. A side effect to the baking - dishes. Each of the things I've baked has been a brand new recipe for me. I've been enjoying trying out new recipes over the past several months. I get bored when we have the same dish over and over again, so I bought a recipe book and J and I went through it together - choosing the recipes we thought looked good. When that was done, I went through my recipe files, which has been filled with things I thought about making at one point but never got around to. So I've made a lot of dishes from that file, some good, some recycle-worthy. I also have a recipe blog I subscribe to and a lot of recipes that I starred and saved for later on my Google Reader. So now I'm going through that as well. I find cooking fun when it's an experiment. And its even more fun when I try it out on other people.
J's Birthday - Chocolate Cake with Mint frosting (very, very, very sweet, but tasty in small batches)
Small Group - Spinach dip (I salvaged the disappointing recipe by adding my own ingredients) and Gingerbread Scones (goooood)
Tonight - Pumpkin Muffins That Taste Like Donuts for the Halloween party (we'll see if I bring any home tonight)

No comments: