Jordan got a bit behind in homework this past week, so I'm having her make it up by finishing a book report this weekend. Yesterday she finished reading the book so today she had to write up the report. After lunch I told her she couldn't watch TV, play with friends, or go to a movie until she finished writing the paper. She chose to read a book instead. Her friend came over to ask her to play which gave her a little motivation and she worked on it a little but chose to go back to reading the book. After a while she came out to the living room to complain that she didn't want to write but I told her just to do it and it would be finished and she wouldn't have to worry about it again. She went back and got all but one thing done. I stopped by her room and saw her laying on the floor whining that it was all just too hard. I told her that all the time she was wasting not doing it was time she could have spent with friends or going to a movie. A minute ago she stopped by my room excited and said, "I just started writing and look at how much I got done, then went back into her room and is currently finishing it up."
Of course all this took place as I was reading my own book avoiding writing my own paper. I'm such a hypocrite!
No comments:
Post a Comment