Yesterday didn't do any work on the diss but I have 5 hours planned out today and barring some unforeseen emergency should get another draft to my adviser today.
On another note, for the past two or so weeks Jordan has been unable to take the bus to school. Now that she's in 4th grade she apparently doesn't need it. So not only does this mean driving her to school, but also means I miss my morning workout 3 of 5 workdays. Since I've only been working out again for about a month, this severely limits my progress. Today that all changed, though.
When I lived in PA I used to bike to school pretty much every day. I didn't consider this a workout since it was transportation and tended to be quicker than driving or taking the bus. When I moved to CA, work is down very steep hills and 7 miles instead of 2 and so biking isn't an option. As a result, the pants are fitting a little more snugly. So, I decided that biking with Jordan to school would be a great option - saves gas, adds exercise for both of us. We have biked places before - church, Baskin Robbins - but right before this change occurred I discovered that our bikes had a combined one flat tire, two disconnected brakes and one faulty brake. So I got help from my brother with one problem and went to the bike shop for the other. The bikes got finished yesterday and today we were off. It was a bit dicy at first - I bought a rack for the back of J's bike to hold her book bag, but getting the adjustment of the bike seat didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Once we got going at 7:42 we had a couple minor incidents, no falls but some skids. We had only one small hill to go up, the hills are on the way back from school. So we made it the 2 miles at 8:06. After getting her situated I returned and got back by 8:22. Admittedly the exercise was much more intense on the return trip, but if I meet her at school for the ride back today that's one hour and 20 minutes of bike riding and about 30 minutes of intense, sweat-producing exercise. Plus I still have time to shower and get to school in the morning in time for my 9:30 classes. Since rain won't be a factor for a couple months :) I'm pretty pleased with the outlook.
Okay, now on to my 5 hours of work...
1 comment:
You're such a cool Mom... I bet Jordan loves it.
Post a Comment