Well, it's a new week and a whole new set of challenges. I was starting to look a little more optimistically toward to future - the hubs got some money to pay off one of the loans I took out for him so I could pay it off. I no longer need to purchase anything for the new place so I can pay off the (over-extended) credit cards. Our shopping budget is down by half and the income has increased for the next 3 months and then a raise a month after that. Things looking good. A little too good... Yesterday I was heading to pick up J from school and as I left my school my radio turned off unexpectedly. Now, I've owned a lot of old cars and this has definitely happened to me before so I knew what it was, while hoping I was wrong. Thankfully, I was passing a mechanic as it starting failing electrically. So I pulled a U-turn and drove in. Dropped it off and asked them to take a look as I walked back to the school. Called Jordan and told her to take the bus home (as it drops her off a long way from our new place, she found a lady from our church to drive her home instead). An hour and a half later I received confirmation - the alternator went out. From my experience, a busted alternator is just the beginning of the end in car terms. My car is a decade old and has treated me really good so far, but there's no way I'm going to trust it to take the long drive to Oregon this summer, so I got it fixed so I am mobile again today, but I'm going to have to evaluate the finances and see how I can afford a good, reliable vehicle to last for a while. I still haven't gotten my first bill from all the utilities, etc. to see what my current budget needs to be, so we'll have to see what can be done. Bottom line is that the 1/3 deduction in debt is looking more like an increase in debt. Not the direction I was hoping to move.
Oh, and I haven't exercised at all and I am behind in grading, too.
On a more positive note, I slept better last night than I have in a long time and I'm emotionally feeling much better, too. I've had some more positive conversations with the hubs and so it looks like we're leaving this not hating each other and trying to hurt each other any more. So that's where we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment