So, I made it through the anniversary - tear-free too, I might add - and now I'm ready to get back to thinking through improving myself. I still can't get the budget on track until I get the first couple bills, but it looks promising - with my extra classes and my raise in September I should be doing well.
Exercising needs to become more of a priority, but I need to figure out how to get it done. I discovered there is a workout room - its a very sad little place though, 2 treadmills and a elliptical that doesn't work, no TV. I don't think I have the fortitude to stick it out in there. I have a gym across the street, but spending money on a membership would hurt the budget. I have the Wii still and my bike. Now I need to get myself on some kind of schedule to get the workouts happening. It's more complicated now because J is technically not in the same school district so I have to drive her to and from school for the rest of the year. Since I'm out anyway, I tend to go to school and work (or avoid work in my office) instead of coming back home and exercising. School ends in 3 1/2 weeks, I will be able to get it done then, just need to come up with something in the meantime. On a better note, the last time I weighed myself, I passed a significant milestone. 1 1/2 years ago I was in the 160's (not good!) In the past year I've lost almost 20 pounds and I'm now in the 140's!!!! If I continue my better eating habits - not snacking at night - I should be able to keep myself much more fit.
As for the internet issue, I've pretty much conquered that, and replaced my websites with solitaire games. I'm fairly pathetic. Now that the semester is coming to a close, I have A LOT of grading to do, and I manage to do a little grading every day, but a little isn't going to cut it. This week J is going to her cousins for a couple days, so my goal is to complete the grading of everything that has been turned in to date. That's a huge goal. It will require dedication and commitment. It will require blood, sweat, and tears. I wish I could grade without the computer, but pretty much everything is submitted online, so that's not going to happen. I will do it. I WILL do it. I will DO IT!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment