It's crazy student meetings week. Once a semester I meet with each and every public speaking student I have to make sure their speeches come out as good as possible. In the last 3 days I have graded about 130 homework assignments and so far had 12 meetings. Then later today I have a meeting with the credentialing body for the university which I have to prepare (?) for.
It's exhausting. I'm exhausted.
On a more positive note, Jordan has been in an excellent mood the last 24 hours. She has been cheerful and helpful and apologetic if she does something wrong. Last night I came out of my room to find her working out in the living room while watching TV. She told me, very cheerfully, that someone at school had called her fat and then someone else suggested she exercise more. I quickly made sure she understood that, while exercising is definitely good, she is definitely not fat. She cheerfully agreed and then on to show me some exercises she invented and asked for tips about others she was trying out. It made me - the slob slouching on the couch watching her - feel a bit guilty and lazy. It did not make me exercise. That's what the morning and afternoon bike rides are for!
1 comment:
First the girls in her class make fun of her clothes, and now they are calling her fat??? Come on. That makes me angry way up here in Oregon! Sounds like you handled it well, though. So glad she has a great mom like you!
Post a Comment